Heart and Vascular Care
Leading cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and a system of excellence.
CHI St. Joseph Health was the first health system to introduce heart care to the Central Texas region and we continue to develop innovative advancements in cardiac care.
Our multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and specialists are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of multiple heart conditions, including heart valve disease; coronary artery disease; congenital heart disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy; heart failure; and heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias) in adults.
Other facts about our program:
- Recognized experts in cardiology, heart surgery and vascular surgery
- A leader in the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias
- Recognized heart attack treatment that consistently beats national standards for time-to-treatment
- Full range of options for the treatment of atrial fibrillation, including catheter ablation and mini-maze
- The region's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with the highest level of accreditation in the region
- Equipped to offer specialized care for the treatment of heart failure patients to help them manage chronic heart disease and improve their quality of life
- Cardiologists and surgeons who have pioneered cardiac care for decades and perform more robotic and minimally invasive heart surgery procedures than any area hospital