Before your scheduled hospital visit, it's important you contact your insurance company and clearly understand your coverage and benefits. For any medical costs not covered by your insurance company, you’ll be responsible for payment.
Here’s a list of questions we suggest you ask your insurance company:
- What is the specific coverage of my plan?
- What are the deductibles, coinsurance, copayments?
- What is the lifetime maximum amount and annual maximum amounts?
- Does my plan have a pre-existing or waiting period clause? If so, what is the time frame? Can this be waived?
- Does my plan include pharmacy coverage?
- Does my plan require any special approvals before any planned procedure?
- How long does the approval process take once submitted to insurance?
- Does my plan cover any transportation and lodging expenses for me or my family?
- Does my current insurance require enrollment in Medicare when eligible?
- How will my current coverage change after enrolling in Medicare?
- Will my plan become a supplemental or secondary plan?
- Does my insurance follow Medicare Coordination of Benefits guidelines?
NOTE: If your plan is a Medicare supplement, ask:
- Does my plan follow Medicare guidelines?
- Does my plan cover Medicare Part A and B deductible and coinsurance?
- Does my plan have a pre-existing or waiting period? If so, what is the time frame?
- Does my plan offer an option for Medicare Part D coverage?
Helping you through the insurance process.
CHI St. Joseph Health financial and insurance experts are happy to help you with paperwork and other insurance requirements. When allowable, we will communicate with your insurance company. Our team is available to answer your questions and any questions your insurance company may have for us—it’s our job and pleasure to help you through the insurance process.
Here are some helpful directories that will make it easier to discover where your insurance is accepted, based on the care you need and the location you prefer. Included is information on insurances, Medicare Replacement and Supplement plans accepted at CHI St. Joseph Health.
Insurances Accepted at CHI St. Joseph Health Burleson Hospital
Insurances Accepted at CHI St. Joseph Health Grimes Hospital
Insurances Accepted at CHI St. Joseph Health Madison Hospital
Insurances Accepted at CHI St. Joseph Health Medical Group and Express Care Clinics
Insurances Accepted at CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital
Insurance Accepted at CHI St. Joseph College Station Hospital
For information about a health insurance option for low wage or uninsured Texans, please visit Enroll Brazos Valley, a private-based health insurance program.